Executive Director — Atlanta, GA
The Atlanta Families’ Awards for Excellence in Education (AFAEE) is seeking a high-performing candidate with several years of education/ nonprofit experience in the Atlanta area to spearhead the organization as AFAEE continues to grow. This is an ideal role for someone who has an immense passion/belief in the importance of educators in driving student outcomes. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have successfully led development efforts in Atlanta, has a passion for improving education in the city, and is a self-starter that would thrive in a flexible work environment.
Founded in 2005, the mission of the Atlanta Families’ Awards for Excellence in Education (AFAEE) is to elevate public education by identifying excellent educators and empowering them to expand their impact. Our organization serves Atlanta Public Schools, Cobb County Schools, DeKalb County Schools, Fulton County Schools and Gwinnett County Public Schools. We accomplish our mission through our awards programming which identifies and empower a cohort of excellent teachers and school leaders each year and Winners’ Circle programming which empowers our alumni winners to extend their impact.
Annual Budget: $300,000
Reporting to the Atlanta Families’ Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee all aspects of the organization to ensure that the mission, vision and budget is met. This is a full-time, exempt position where hours will vary by week depending on fundraising activities and need s of the organization. At this time, we are unable to offer benefits for this position.
- Oversee and/or delegate tasks relating to all organization initiatives including annual selection process and Winners’ Circle activities; maintaining selection software platform; promoting awards program
- Fundraising and development for the organization: creating grant timeline and writing grant proposals
- Board committee work and board meeting preparations
- Donor care and donor contact throughout year
- Strategic development and vision-casting for the organization
- Overseeing all finances and creating budgets for all aspects of programming
- Hiring and firing for staff needs; evaluating staff on ongoing basis
- Social media plan for organization; website maintenance
- Representing organization at various education-related initiatives throughout region
- Maintaining partner relationships and relationships with district liaisons
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 2-3 years’ experience in development and or education-related field
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, fundraising, and communication skills
- Knowledge of eTapestry and Quickbooks a plus
For more information, please email cover letter and resume to
Amber Stewart ( email@example.com ).