Who is eligible for the awards?
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• Pre-K through 12th Grade Teacher, Assistant Principal or Principal
• Must be in one of the following districts: Atlanta, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett
• Charter or Traditional School
• Taught in district during 2014-2015 School Year
• Plans to remain in district until Summer 2017
• Must have completed 2 years in education prior to applying
* At this time we are unable to consider instructional coaches, counselors or support staff for our award
What does the award consist of?
Each teacher and school leader winner is awarded $7,500 that includes funding for a school project of the winner’s choice ($3,500), funding for a professional development opportunity to increase the winner’s effectiveness in the school or classroom ($1,500), and a personal stipend ($2,500).
How is the application evaluated?
Past winners of the Atlanta Families’ Award conduct every phase of the selection process — from designing the application to conduction the final interviews. Selections are based on our award criteria. Overall, educators receive this award by demonstrating excellence in three areas:
• Raising student achievement
• Enhancing students’ self-esteem
• Collaboration with multiple stakeholders for the benefit of students.
What are some of the winners’ responsibilities?
Winner responsibilities include agreeing to have your name and likeness used for promoting AFAEE, allowing other teachers/school leaders to observe your classroom/school for best practices as authorized, supporting district initiatives, and delivering a professional development session on your project to your school as authorized. Additional responsibilities include documenting the implementation your project and student progress, and making it available for public viewing. By accepting the award, winners also commit to work within their respective districts an additional school year after receiving the award.
Who should I contact with any questions/concerns?
Please email our organization at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I just nominated a teacher/principal. What happens next?
After a nomination has been submitted, the nominee will receive a link to complete the application. The nominee must complete the application to be considered for the award.
What if I receive more than one nomination?
It doesn’t matter how many times you are nominated, you only need to complete the application once.
Is a nomination required prior to starting the application?
No, you do not have to be nominated to complete the application. You may register to apply without a nomination.
Are previous winners eligible to apply for the award again?
As we grow and expand, we would like to continue diversifying our Winners’ Circle;
therefore, previous winners are not eligible to apply for the award again.