Development Coordinator – Atlanta, GA
The Atlanta Families’ Awards for Excellence in Education (AFAEE) is seeking a high-performing candidate with several years of development experience in the Atlanta area to spearhead development efforts as AFAEE continues to grow. This is an ideal role for someone who has successfully led development efforts in Atlanta, has a passion for improving education in the city, and is a self-starter that would thrive in a flexible work environment.
Founded in 2005, the mission of the Atlanta Families’ Awards for Excellence in Education (AFAEE) is to elevate public education by identifying excellent educators and empowering them to expand their impact. Our organization serves Atlanta Public Schools, Cobb County Schools, DeKalb County Schools, Fulton County Schools and Gwinnett County Public Schools. We accomplish our mission through our awards programming which identifies and empower a cohort of excellent teachers and school leaders each year and Winners’ Circle programming which empowers our alumni winners to extend their impact.
Annual Budget: $300,000
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Coordinator will support development efforts to ensure that the organization’s annual budget is met. This is a part-time position where hours will vary by week (likely 10-20 hours/week) depending on fundraising activities.
- Co-develop AFAEE’s annual fundraising plan through management of existing donors and identification of new funding opportunities
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations (existing and new donors)
- Manage and track development pipeline and gifts using eTapestry and QuickBooks (including assistance with data entry and gift processing)
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy to develop a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special fundraising events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 2-3 years’ experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of eTapestry and Quickbooks a plus
For more information, please e-mail Executive Director Amber Stewart (email@example.com).